After years of playing seasonal catch up -- sewing shorts and capris in the blazing heat of August, and woolly knits in deepest, darkest winter -- I have finally managed to have a couple of items ready before they are actually needed!
First, a pair of casual striped linen pants from Style Arc (who else?) -- the Peta pants. The leg length was shortened a bit, but no other pattern alterations. Although I made drawstrings for the pants legs, I decided not to go with that look, so didn't make the buttonholes on the pants hem to run the drawstrings through. Maybe I'll decide to do it later, maybe not. I'm pleased with the fit, and I think I now have a TNT (tried 'n true)for casual summer pants. Yeah!
As if that's not enough, I also finished a tunic length shirt -- the Sacha shirt, also from Style Arc. I used a cotton windowpane check from Fabric Mart. My only alteration to pattern was lowering the bust dart. I wear this type of shirt a lot, so I'm very pleased that I now have a TNT for this one too.
If I were a clever girl, I would have made them in fabrics that worked well together, but...you go with what you have on hand.
Meanwhile, despite the temperatures claiming otherwise, it's still winter, and I still need some long-sleeved tops. I recently tried a new-to-me pattern company (magazine) My Image. Like Burda Style, you have to trace these patterns from a magazine insert, adding seam allowances and hems. Unlike Burda, they are a little easier to see to trace. This cowl is from the winter issue.
I traced the size closest to my measurements, and made no alterations to the fit. The shoulder seam is too long for me (narrow shoulders), but other than that the fit wasn't too bad. The body is meant to have elastic ruching, which I left out. Not sure that I really need more wrinkles in that area! Unless (or until) Chloe of Style Arc drafts a long sleeved cowl that fits as fabulously well as her Creative Cate I suppose that this will do.