Tuesday, April 28, 2020

It's the Little Things

Life is still unsettled, and concentration needed for larger, more complex projects still eludes me. Instead of feeling guilty for not getting more done I've decided to just go with the flow -- can't pull it together for larger things? -- then smaller projects it is. 

I've been crocheting for a few years now, and working with beads almost as long, but one thing I haven't done is combine the two. So, why not now? I've long admired the work of Ann Benson (Leopardskin Pillbox hat anyone?) so when I found myself on her Etsy site I decided to give bead crochet a try. This bracelet, in fact: 



I didn't have any steel crochet hooks small enough for the project, so had to wait a bit for my order to come in.  I'm a bit worried about my ability to manipulate such small hooks (the pattern recommends 1.15mm or 1mm sizes) but the real test will probably be whether or not I can thread the beads on the working thread in the correct order. Stay tuned.  Here's a peek at the tiny (to my eyes) hooks: 




At least the handles are padded!

The Hitchhiker scarf mentioned previously is now off the needles, and I am still loving the rich red color.  Taking it's place on the needles is a cowl - Every Bit Cowl, which seems to be a nice combination of cowl/shawlette. I'm using some deep stash Fleece Artist SeaWool (now discontinued) in an unknown colorway.  The pinks and greens are giving me a springtime vibe, and that's just what's needed at the moment.  This pic shows progress almost to the point where the work is joined and worked in the round:


It's been a fun knit so far, with just enough pattern changing to keep it interesting, but still simple enough for TV knitting -- perfect!



No comments: