Saturday, August 15, 2020

Topping Up

 It's been a crazy few days -- which makes it a random Saturday in 2020. Ventured out the other day for the first time since March to a public space (other than neighborhood walks) and it felt quite strange. Precautions were taken, but there was still a level of discomfort. It certainly made me appreciate even more all the essential workers who are out there everyday to keep us safe and keep things going. On to some sewing...

All my plans for a (somewhat) coordinated summer wardrobe have flown out the window. Loss of 'sewjo', lethargy and not having much need for anything new being the main culprits.  I have made a few simple things from my tried & true (i.e. already fitted) patterns and for some reason they all seem to be tops. They also mostly seem to be navy blue or black, so my not so good phone pics will be even harder to see -- so be it.

The recently shared lemon print got made up into a Style Arc Anita peasant style top.  I even managed two tiny tassels that look pretty good and have held up through a wash.

This was a rayon challis from Telio, purchased at fabric.com.  I love the print, but the fabric itself just doesn't have the same body as the rayon challis from Cotton + Steel. Still, it's a fun, breezy summer top and will get some wear.

I was disappointed with the top I did make from some Cotton + Steel rayon challis, also recently shared.  This disappointment is entirely on me.  I really wanted to have some flowing 3/4 length sleeves and in a major idiot move didn't purchase enough fabric to do that. Arghhh! Why is it so hard to remember that it's a narrower width fabric and I need more yardage? At any rate -- a simple short sleeved loose top based on the Loes Hinse pattern 'Rochelle'.



(apologies -- since the Blogger change I haven't a clue how to position the pics in anything but the center of the page -- eventually I hope to master this)


Also, a couple of tees -- these are made from Pamela's Perfect Tee pattern. 


The navy/white stripe is a 100% cotton jersey from Organic Cotton Plus -- very nice stuff, as is pretty much everything from there.  The black tee is a mix of cotton/hemp from fabric.com.

And finally, a tank top -- this is also a Pamela's Pattern, and is a Telio bamboo jersey. Hardly visible, but the trim is simply the reverse side of the black pin dot fabric. Because it's a jersey, the reverse side is purl stitch, but it matters not to me. 

There was one new pattern made, from Love Notions, a pair of Namaste pj's. Those are currently being worn, so no pics -- you're welcome.


2 comments:

SewRuthie said...

Great makes, enjoy wearing them.

Karen said...

Thank you — my goal is to eventually have a cohesive collection like you have been creating.