Saturday, May 21, 2022

2 Out of 3

 Still alive and kicking (barely). Still sewing (barely). 

So, two out of three -- Not great, but not bad since the one that didn't work may be able to be salvaged. 

First up: the two that work. Looking at the photos they appear remarkably similar. They are, however, two different patterns -- one for wovens -- one for knits. The similarity is due to the sleeves I think -- I have altered both sleeves to be 3/4 length and fuller (can we call it a bishop sleeve?).


This is the woven top. It's a silk crepe with an embossed texture -- Fabric Mart called it a Jacquard, but I think embossed describes it more accurately. I tried to upload a pic of the texture, but no such luck. The pattern is Rochelle, by Loes Hinse Studio. As mentioned, the sleeve was re-made to be fuller, gathered into a band (cuff?).

I love the color and feel comfortable in this loose, airy style. Win!

Pamela's Patterns Perfect Tee -- my "go-to" knit top pattern. Sleeves adapted, and neckline changed to a vee with a center front seam.  I like sewing my vee-necks with a front seam, especially those that are solid colors. Fabric is from Fabric.com and I believe it is a hemp/cotton blend. Has really nice drape.


And now there's no avoiding the one that didn't work (yet).  It's also based on the Pamela's Patterns Perfect Tee, but obviously something went wrong with my adaptations, as it pulls (uncomfortably) to the back. It is tunic length, with a gathered skirt. The neckline is finished with a facing -- scalloped in front, and plain in the back. Just guessing, but I think the problem may be that the back is heavier than the front and that's why it's pulling back. I accept that I may be wrong about that, but I will try out a reduction in the gathers in the back and see if that helps. If not, well, let's not go there.



It's a shame, because the color is a good one for me, and I was happy with how the scallops turned out. Sigh.


I hope there will be more sewing projects in the near future. Right now I'm working on a crocheted topper and it's sucking all my spare time away from sewing. Also, my DH has had some health issues requiring surgery, so that limits time too. He's happily on the mend though, so hooray!  We seem to be having quite a few cases of Covid in our immediate neighborhood, so here's hoping we can avoid it ourselves. Mask up, wash hands constantly, repeat, repeat! Stay well everyone.




Next up is a variation in my "go-to" knit top -- Pamela's Patterns Perfect Tee.

1 comment:

Dorothy Bell said...

Such an amazing and wonderful creation. All of them are beautiful, I can't see anything wrong with the black top, maybe it's because of the color. But hey it still beautiful. I also love the red woven top, I love the pattern and the color as well. Love it and be safe always. <3