Sunday, May 20, 2007

Look Ma -- No Lines!

One of the things I had hoped to check out while at MD Sheep & Wool was the sock yarn "Socks that Rock" by Blue Moon Fiber Arts. But the lines -- you would have thought that they were giving the stuff away.

I have to confess that I'm just not that patient when it comes to waiting in line -- my kids could tell you blood-curdling stories about my behavior while stuck in lines of traffic (Sunday night, Tappan Zee Bridge, thunderstorm, long drive from Cape Cod -- that's all I'm saying). Anyway, I just don't do lines if I can possibly help it. So, I resigned myself to not having any Socks That Rock yarn.

Imagine my surprise when I got home and did a little online research -- you can order the stuff right off the internet and the USPS will bring it RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR! (tongue firmly in cheek)

That's Cracked Canyon in the front, and Lemongrass in the back.

Wow, what a concept -- did all those people waiting in line (well, two lines actually -- one to see the stuff, and one to pay for it.) know about this? Sure, sure, you pay a little bit more, but really, for no lines? Totally worth it.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

It's just that you get to see and touch the yarn in person that makes the diference! Lemongrass is a color I've been wanting for a while now, might just have to try the internet order thing!