And a close up --
I wanted a smaller shawl, so I didn't block too aggressively; it could, in fact, be blocked larger. After a short soak in Eucalan the yarn felt even softer. Not too much dye was given up, but the water was just the slightest tint of blue. Although both skeins of Sea Wool were from the same batch (not really sure if hand-dyed yarn can have dye lots)the second skein had a noticeably lighter patch. I tried to use it as a quasi "border" at the very end, and used the other end of the ball to do the final edging and bind off. Hopefully it will look like more of a planned color change this way, but frankly, I just don't expect uniformity with hand-dyed. All in all I'm pleased with how it turned out -- it was a quick, fun knit and I like the results.