Friday, January 25, 2008

Béret Gaufré

Très chic, très Véronik.

This adorable beret is available as a free pattern here, on Véronik Avery's blog.

Mine is done in Peruvian Pure Alpaca from Elann. Just under 2 skeins (less than $10US) for a jaunty cap to keep away the winter chill.

This clever little beret is actually designed to be reversible (with even another little "stem" on the reverse side), but since I decided I prefer the side shown in the photograph, I left out the second stem and ran some elastic cording through the bottom brim to help the alpaca keep to the size I wanted. The brim is double sided, so with a little more care than I took the cording could have been threaded through invisibly. Et voila -- and there you have it -- winter warmth with style!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! And it goes with the foot-in-each-year socks!