Saturday, April 26, 2008

On a softer, gentler note...

...look what came in the mail yesterday --





I finally got around to ordering some new (to me) brands of hand-painted sock yarn. On the left is "Duet", so called because it comes with a little hank of coordinating heel/toe yarn -- listed as superwash merino with 475 yds. per skein. From the label it's not clear if that yardage is for both hanks of yarn, or only the main color. In the middle is "Chewy Spaghetti", also a superwash merino, with yardage listed as 430 yds. per skein. On the right is Apple Laine's "Apple Pie" sock yarn -- this one is 65% wool, 20% mohair, 5% silk and 10% nylon, in skeins of 190 yards.


I ordered from a source I've never used before: The Loopy Ewe. What a pleasant ordering experience! That's an Internet site I'll return to for sure. Service was quick and accurate, and the owner, Sheri, included a brief hand-written note of thanks, along with a little bonus of needle inventory cards and a couple of samples (Regia Bamboo and Regia Silk). Now that's a savvy merchant!





The Apple Laine yarn was so soft and nice it may have jumped the queue and onto the needles:









So far I'm loving both the yarn, and the colors. If I'm lucky enough to get to Maryland Sheep & Wool this coming weekend (a bit up in the air due to spouse's recurring back problems) I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for some more Apple Pie -- yummy.

No comments: