Monday, August 4, 2008

County Fair


Once again it's county fair time, and this year I decided to enter four items -- an original design crochet cardigan, a crocheted hat (also my own pattern), a knitted shawl (Leaf Lace by Evelyn Clark) and a knitted beret (Beret Gaufre, by Véronik Avery). I was fortunate enough to come home with four ribbons -- three firsts, and a second for the Leaf Lace shawl. This is just the second year I've done this, and it's a bit of fun -- I highly recommend it for those of you who have the opportunity.


For those who may be looking for a quick, attractive, little knitted project, the pattern for Beret Gaufre is available on Véronik's site -- click on "shop" to find it.


And abruptly changing subjects, I was coming in from the back deck this morning and caught a glimpse of pink and yellow. I thought someone had stuck a bit of candy on the wall, but it turned out to be this:(click for bigger!)



I've never seen a moth that color; hopefully I'll be able to research it and attach a name to it, but I thought it was pretty enough to share.

Editted to add: apparently it's a Rosy Maple Moth (dryocampa rubicunda) -- thank you, Google!

4 comments:

LisaAnn said...

Congrats on the ribbons. I love your site, and oh the inspiration.

Mary Sarah said...

Gorgeous things! Congratulations! That moth is amazing ... I've never seen anything like it.

Karla said...

Well done! Congratulations on your acheivements! They look great.

Perry said...

Here's your moth!

http://bugguide.net/node/view/47722