Monday, June 11, 2012

Belting It Out

Our local ASG Neighborhood Group has an incredibly talented member, JoLee, who does wonderful things with men's ties.  So, inspired by her, I'm always on the lookout for new ideas to turn unwanted ties into nice accessories.

One of the sewing blogs I follow, Rhonda's Creative Life, had directions for a simple belt made from two men's ties that seemed like it would work well for me.  Instead of having the belt tie, I decided to cut it down and use skirt/pant hook fasteners (2) to keep things closed and looking more streamlined.

I stitched the two ties together as per Rhonda's instructions, added a decorative button, then shortened it to my waist size and added the fasteners.  Done!



I like a plainer belt, but the possibilities for embellishment are endless.  A very nice re-purposing I think, thank you Rhonda!

No comments: