Thursday, October 3, 2013

Brynna

Did you ever have a project that stalled for the silliest of reasons?  Yeah, I thought so.  I have had this little cardigan knitted up since the end of August, and it has languished on top of the cedar chest because I just couldn't bring myself to work in the ends.  All fourteen of them.  I know, I know,  I'm just a sloth.

The pattern is Brynna, by Chic Knits.  The yarn used was Rowan Wool Cotton, a 50/50 blend of merino wool and cotton.  Put up in 50 g. balls, 123 yards per ball.  This yarn was an absolute delight to knit, and I kind of wish I had more.  Kind of, because I am still trying to find a place for all the containers of yarn that made the move.  Discontinued color, which I thought was a lovely caramel brown, but apparently the folks at Rowan called it pumpkin.  I just can't get away from orange, even when I try.  Body was lengthened and sleeves were made longer than the pattern's cap sleeves, but shorter than the 3/4 length pattern variation.  I made it to work as a little transitional topper, and I think it fits the bill. 

Waiting on the sidelines -- Dansez Pullover from the book "Knit To Flatter" by Amy Herzog.  The knitting portion of the program is done, and it lies in four pieces, waiting to be seamed together and the ends run in.  It was knit from a coned yarn (Stretch Cotton by Silk City Fibers) so it probably doesn't have more than 14 ends to run in either -- so we'll see how long it takes me to get around to that one.  I'm hoping publicly mentioning it is done except for assembly will embarrass me into actually doing it.  Ha!

No comments: