Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Continuing Crochet

 

September Morn, a pattern by Doris Chan, crocheted in Elann Joie de Vivre. 

Thankfully I finished this before I started the Ariana granny-square cardigan as it was a good reminder that I do actually know how to crochet. 

I first made this ages ago (11 years, yikes!) when I was a smaller size (sob) and my hair was not grey. It's a handy little cover up over a sleeveless top. The yarn I used this time is a 50/50 cotton/wool blend from a long discontinued yarn. In fact, I don't even think that the Elann brand is around anymore. At one point Amazon bought it from the original owners, but I no longer see a listing for any Elann yarns there. I thought the wool content might be too warm, but it seems fine. It was much more pleasant to crochet too.

I have been making progress on the previously mentioned Ariana -- not without tears and hair

pulling though. Right now I only have the loose ends  to work in and then I'll pop on a finished pic.

No comments: