Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Looking forward, and a look back

 I was sailing along - glad to finally be able to see clearly after the mess that was my first cataract operation - when bam! After carefully avoiding Covid for 4 years my DH came down with it, and a few days later so did I. It seems a lot of folks getting it these days report that it’s little more than a cold, but apparently we got the Super Deluxe ‘All’ the Symptoms version. Not pleasant. And as that cleared up I had Round 2 of my cataract surgery to look forward to. To say I was nervous is an understatement, but my 1 week post-op checkup is tomorrow, and so far (knock wood) it seems to have been the routine procedure everyone claimed it would be initially. Whew!

And so, time to start thinking about some fun sewing/knitting projects for the cooler weather that is surely just ahead - and wouldn’t you know it - all crafting energy has fled. I have things I’d like to do, but the thought of actually starting them just exhausts me. Hopefully a temporary condition, but until then I’ve picked up some little things to feel productive.

I can’t face sewing an adult garment, but finally made a casual outfit for my vintage Vogue Jill doll.


Sweater is hand knit from a free Ravelry pattern ‘Basic Top Down Raglan Sweater for Blythe’ - a long title for a very small sweater! 

Her pants were copied from a PJ set that she came with when I bought her a few years back. She is a copy of my long since given away original Jill doll. She’s circa 1957, so in dire need of a spa day, so - not so different from her owner!

No comments: