One more woven cotton top for warm weather - this was made to go with some dark olive linen pants. The fabric is a cotton chambray from Fabric Mart (now sold out) and the pattern used is once again the Connie Crawford blouse sloper CS1201 now available from Islander Sewing System.
This time I drafted a simple roll collar and adapted the neckline to a shallow vee. I highjacked a pocket from another pattern (Butterick 5678) and added a simple cross-stitch flower. The flower was printed on “Magic Paper” by DMC - which easily dissolves after stitching. They sell some pre-printed kits, but also plain sheets for tracing out your own designs. Very useful for small jobs like a pocket. A simple chain stitch was added to the sleeve hems and thought was given to embellishing the collar, but ultimately I decided to leave it plain.
And now it’s time to buckle down and finally start the sofa pillow covers - the pillow forms, fabric and piping cord have been cluttering up my crowded sewing room for far too long now - it’s simple sewing, but for some reason I keep procrastinating. I think the problem is indecision about zippered covers or non-zippered. Right now I’m leaning to non-zippered, but I already bought the zips so…decisions!

No comments:
Post a Comment