Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Arf!

Well, that would be a quote from another Sandy, but meanwhile, here's the one I'm working on --

It's from Big Girl Knits, and I'm using the called for Noro Kureyon, plus an oldie from the stash, Poet by Classic Elite. I've had that yarn for quite a while, in fact, it's auditioned for two other starring roles, but sadly didn't make it to the big time in either. Just goes to show that working to the same gauge is NOT the only consideration when making yarn substitutions. So far, it seems to be working out just fine for this application.

I decided to not seam the back before adding each side piece -- I think that shouldn't be a problem, but time will tell. I'm making no effort to "match" the Noro pieces, since I like a little dissimilarity -- must be all those fraternal self-patterning-yarn socks I've knit.

1 comment:

SandyK said...

Beautiful! Love your colors. Good Luck!
SandyK