Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Beading progress

Taking a little break from fabric and fiber to play with beads. I'm waiting for findings to arrive in order to finish them up, but progress so far is pleasing to me.

Both patterns are from Deb Roberti's Around the Beading Table and both are free patterns -- Petite Paisley earrings and Astral bracelet. There are many attractive patterns on her site, both free and to purchase. I have made several of the free patterns, and purchased a couple of others, and what stands out to me about Deb's patterns is the clarity of her instructions. The written instructions are clear and concise, and her diagrams help even a beginner beader like me achieve good results.

I used Zoli Duo (both right and left facing) in Pastel Purple for the earrings and the seed beads are silver-lined crystal. Ran out of jump rings in the size/finish I wanted to use to attach them to ear wires, but it should be a quick finish once they are in hand. 


The bracelet is made with CzechMates 2-hole 7mm beads in Metallic Aurora Red, with 11/0 seed beads (Miyuki Silver Lined Grey) and 3mm fire polished crystal beads.


I was trying for a look of antique silver with the grey seed beads, and I think it comes fairly close. This one is waiting on a clasp. 

 

No comments: