Monday, December 23, 2019

Teesdale scarf

Another little crochet project -- this one made in Sundara Yarn Sport Merino that's been marinating in the stash for a good bit.

The pattern is by Rebecca Velasquez and was a quick and easy project.  Once I had the pattern memorized it went quickly and could be done while conversing or watching TV. Just the thing to take the sting out of my previously mentioned failed knitting project.

It's scarf sized, rather than a full on shawl, which was just what I needed for the two skeins of Sport Merino (100 g, 225 yards each) that I had.  I think the yarn I used was just a bit heavier than called for in the pattern, and I went up in hook size to account for that.  I ended with a few yards to spare, so that was a relief.

Here's another closeup look: 


Lovely yarn in a scrumptious color (Reaching Out) and a fun to make pattern -- just what the fiber doctor ordered!


No comments: