Sunday, August 20, 2023

Kiana


 This lacy topper was mostly finished last season, but it was put aside with final touches still needed as the weather cooled. 

Its appearance this season seemed to be an instant FO, as I spent a few minutes running in the loose ends. It felt like cheating!

The pattern is Kiana by Vicky Chan. The yarn is Euroflax Sport from LoftyFiber - 100% linen, 247m/270 yd per 100g skein, color - Teal.

The pattern is well-written and has both written instructions and also (my preference) charts. It's not a complicated pattern, but if, like me, you are more comfortable with knitting instructions rather than crochet the charts are very helpful. My only adaptations were to leave off the neckline trim (I didn't want it to hit too high on me) and to add a bit to the sleeve opening to make  it longer.

This was a new-to-me designer, and I'm glad I tried my hand at this pattern. The instructions are very good, and her designs are classic and attractive.


No comments: